Monday, January 24, 2011

Turning 6

One of the reasons I wanted to start this blog was because, not only do I need to journal things for my own personal sanity and self-reflection, I also want to create a place where I can store memories of my kid.  Who says some really funny shit, by the way.  Freaking hilarious. 

Anywho, said kid is turning 6 in two days, the day after tomorrow, Wednesday. Oh.My.God.  Six.  I can't believe it been 6 years since they removed him from my abdomen like a fatty tumor (I was an inadequate pusher, according to my nurse).  I remember refusing to change his diaper in the hospital because I was scared I'd break him.  And now he has best friends, can add and subtract, read signs, write his name.  It's amazing.  I wish I could take all the credit for this amazing little person, but really I am just relieved I haven't broken him.  You know the old saying that God doesn't give you anything more than you can handle.  Well, I think the Big Guy knew exactly what he was doing when He chose my particular child.  He's never really been sick; in 6 years I've missed maybe 5 days of work due to his illnesses.  He's never had to go to ER (gosh don't let me jinx that).  His teachers have always loved him.  He is very social and makes friends easily.  He wakes up smiling (most of the time).  And he is just plain 'ol fun to be around. 

So here's to 6, little man.  Here's to new friends, new adventures, another milestone growth spurt (please slow down, please), and more fun than a mom deserves to have.

I love you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment