Tuesday, January 10, 2012

my so-called ex-life

On September 11, 2007 my divorce was final, just shy of making it to four years.  I was reading another blogger today (Rubber Chicken Madness, btw) who was revisiting her decision to divorce, and acknowledging that it was the right decision for her and it made me think:  was divorce the right decision for me?

I will admit, had I stayed married, my depression more likely than not would have gotten so bad that I would not have been an effective parent.  In fact, I'd probably be dead.  Or he'd be dead and I'd be in jail (I jest).  Suffice it to say I don't regret filing for divorce and kicking him out.  But that is not what this post is about.

I do not co-parent well at all.  Granted, my ex isn't all that great at it either.  But the question at the forefront of my mind is why, after all these years, does he still piss me off so much?  All it takes is one snarky email, one line in said email, that will send me over the roof and bother me for days?  Why is it so bothersome to me that he has to have the last word?  Or always be "right"? 

Does anyone have the answer for me?  How can I just let my ex-husband's words just roll of my back?  Inquiring minds would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment