Thursday, February 17, 2011

bedtime

usually, bedtime is not a big deal here.  R gets his story, I lay with him for a few minutes, and then all is well in everyone's world. But occasionally we have nights like tonight.  The refusing to brush teeth, listen to direction nights that drive me to drink.  Add to that the BF's philosophy on raising children (tonight's pronouncement of "you're screwing him up" was a nice touch), and it leads to a rather stressful nighttime situation.  R crying, "Mom, you're not listening to me."  BF saying, "he's not doing what he's supposed to do, so put him to bed and walk away." And my mom instinct which says, "get the boy to brush his teeth and take his allergy medication."  sigh.  lots of tears and slamming of doors in my house this evening.  Here's hoping tomorrow goes more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment