Friday, February 11, 2011

The last 12 hours

9:30 pm, hit the sack.
12 a.m., wake up to the stench of dog shit
12:15 am, scrubbing bedroom floor of poo schmear, as the puppy ate his own shit right after taking previously mentioned dump.
1:45 am, still awake and still smelling poop
3:45 am, still awake, still smelling poo and now my child enters my room to stare at me.  Knowing S has to get up at 4 to catch his flight, I tell R to jump into my bed.
5 am, still awake, still smelling shit, R is sleeping horizontally on the bed with his feet in my back, the puppy is sleeping on my legs and the other dog is at the foot of the bed.
5:30 am, still awake, still smelling that god-awful shit smell--where the hell is it coming from?, the dogs are on the bed taking up a lot of room, the kid is doing acrobatics in his sleep.  Crap, might as well get up.

Ends up the poo smell is my son's breath mixed with the puppy's breath.  Lovely.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. So loud my husband stopped what he was doing and asked what I was laughing at. This is a big deal because he is seriously engrossed in his little hobby activity. SO FUNNY! I swear sometimes I smell shit and I'm like, "dude, where is that?" and it ends up being one of the kids' breath! Ew... oh, and my cat frequently shits on the floor when the litter box is apparently not up to his expectations(a day old). Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it made you LOL. It was pretty funny (after the fact!).

    ReplyDelete