Friday, February 25, 2011

slumlord

I own a home.  Well technically BofA owns my home, but whatever--semantics.  The house is way to large for me and the kid, by several thousand square feet.  The cost of just keeping it cool/warm was killing me financially, so last year I decided to rent it out and move into a rental closer to work and family.  The result was a nasty custody battle, several episodes of anxiety attacks, and financial distress, but here we are, a year later.  I am in a rental that while I am not in love with the house, it's everything I need and allows R to attend a great school with his cousins.  And I have tenants.  Who feel that paying their rent on time is not really as important as I do.  So here it is, the end of the month, and still no rent from the tenants.  Today was their last day to pay or I'd evict.  I'm almost hopeful they don't because I'd love to evict them and then short sell the house.  I'll never live there again, and I'll never see the price I've got it mortgaged to.....but I am certain they will pay at the last minute, thus again keep me in the position of landlord once again.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment