Sunday, February 20, 2011

painting

I am not a domestic goddess type of person.  I'm a hire a maid even though I live in a shoe box kind of person.  That being said, the BF bought a house that needed some work and since he'll be living with me and R in said shoe box until it's habitable, I offered up my services to get it moving along. 

This brings us to yesterday, painting day.  I have, in my 42 years on this planet, painted one wall one time.  And I hated every freaking second of it.  And I had help!  So yesterday when tasked with painting 2 bedrooms and a hallway, I quite honestly was rather annoyed that I had volunteered.  But I am a girl of my word, so I boldly went where I don't like to go, roller in hand.  I still hated every second of it, and I still suck at it, but I did it.  The results showed my lack of skill (how the hell does the paint not stick to the freaking wall???  Aha, BF just informed me that he got the cheap paint--2 coats minimum). 

He worked too, don't get me wrong.  "Fixing up a house is a marathon, not a sprint."  thanks, genius.  Having my work critiqued also didn't help my mood.

At the end of the day, after 6 or so hours of painting, coat one was on and drying.  And I'm not volunteering again for that chore. 

And I will never paint a wall again.  Its good to have goals :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment