Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ramblings

My child cracks me up.  I know most moms have that feeling, but oh.my.god. does he ever come off with some great one liners.  I love that about him.

The boyfriend is currently working on making his newly purchased home livable.  Considering he has no experience in such things as remodeling a home, I am so very impressed by his abilities and subsequent results.  When I told him this today, he seemed shocked, but in all seriousness, he took this place from a cat-pee smelling hole to an amazing place.  And he's only halfway done.  He gets an idea and he just goes for it; somehow he just knows he can do this.  Such the opposite of me.  I look at a task and immediately assume that there is no way I can accomplish said task.  Defeated before I even start.  He just rolls up his sleeves and does.  How I envy that.

Back to the kid.  I signed him up for karate.  He left the house in the morning expecting to be able to return to the homestead with the ability to "karate chop the whole house"--ummm, you are a white belt novice, young jedi.  Give it some time.  When I picked him up and asked him how it went, he said, "It was so boring mom.  We learned to punch, kick, and about stranger danger.  Totally boring."  Ummm, you learned to punch and kick, where is the boring in that?  Apparently he was sorely disappointed in the lack of kicking ninja butt instruction he received.  Too funny.

Now we are doing the class valentine writing.  He's not really friends with anyone in his class, his best friends are all in other classes in his school, so getting him to complete this task is painful for both of us.  I'm thinking a few a day is the best way to get this task accomplished.

Okay, time to go back to being a mom.  Yay, me :-)   

No comments:

Post a Comment