Wednesday, February 23, 2011

regression

My kid has been potty trained for what seems like forever (he is six after all).  I had a mommy manifesto whereby as of his 6th birthday I would no longer wipe his butt after a "number 2"--I was tired of hearing "MOOOOOOOMMMMM, I'm done."  every time he pooped.  so we prepped and taught how to wipe and magically, before the 6th birthday, he started wiping his own stinky butt.  Fast forward to this week, where the kid is totally incapable of wiping his own ass.  And the shit spread all over his bathroom due to his disgusting habit of sticking his finger up his butt to see if it's clean (WTF??????????????).  So after many underwear changes and bathroom scrub-downs, I've decided that I have to demand wiping rights to be returned to me.

Now the kicker...he's with his dad 3 weekends a month (my judge sucked) so I figured we'd commiserate and brainstorm solutions together.  Only, his dad swears R is the perfect pottier at his home.  Is it possible that a child can exhibit a behavior regularly daily, but on the weekends he's with his dad he's perfect?  I can't believe it.  When I was a kid, when I went to my mom's for the weekend, I was totally myself.  Which means I was a total shit.  But I knew she had guilt for not maintaining custody and I used that to my advantage.  I was a few years older than R, but still, he knows.  And the fact that his dad refuses to either admit that there is some regression or in denial that there is makes this "co-parenting" thing a real pain in the ass.

How do people do this??? 

2 comments:

  1. Is R a regular pooper? Just wondering if maybe he's not pooping as much at his dad's house because of the different environment. Just a thought. My kid craps anywhere. And he calls me into the bathroom when he knows it is a messy one that he'll need help with lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, he's like clockwork, right after dinner.

    ReplyDelete